IMPORTANT: By accessing this web site and any of its pages you are agreeing to the terms set out below.
MONEX BOOM's Personal Data Collection Policy
This Statement is made by Monex Boom Securities (H.K.) Limited ("MONEX BOOM") in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("the Ordinance"). The Statement is intended to notify you why personal data is collected, how it will be used and to whom data access requests are to be addressed.
- The purpose for which your personal data and other information may be used include:
- the provision and daily operation (including without limitation, maintenance and administration) of the accounts and services and/or other financial services provided to you;
- conducting credit checks, matching procedures, data verification, due diligence and risk management;
- designing financial services or related products for your use;
- direct marketing of financial services or related products which may or may not directly related to your accounts and may be conducted by us, any MONEX BOOM group of companies and its affiliates or other selected financial service providers;
- meeting the requirement to make disclosure under the requirement of any law binding on MONEX BOOM or under and for the purpose of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities which MONEX BOOM is required to comply;
- enabling an actual or proposed assignee of MONEX BOOM in connection with merger, amalgamation, reconstruction or otherwise to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment;
- commencing, defending or otherwise participating in any legal or administrative proceedings or inquiry before any court or competent authority;
- internal data processing, preparation of internal statistical reports and any other reports; and
- any other purpose relating to any of the above.
- Your personal data and other information shall be kept confidential. While MONEX BOOM may transfer your personal data and other information interchangeably among any MONEX BOOM group of companies and its affiliates (whether in Hong Kong or elsewhere), MONEX BOOM may, at its sole discretion and for the purpose(s) mentioned above, provide your personal data and other information to:
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider (whether in Hong Kong or elsewhere) who provides services to MONEX BOOM in connection with the operation of its business;
- any financial institution with which you have or propose to have dealings;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to MONEX BOOM or who has given to MONEX BOOM an undertaking of confidentiality;
- any actual or proposed assignee or transferee of MONEX BOOM; and
- any person or regulatory or other authority to whom we are under an obligation or duty to make disclosure pursuant to any relevant laws, rules, regulations, codes or guidelines binding on MONEX BOOM or any MONEX BOOM group of companies and its affiliates.
- You agree that your personal data and other information may be transferred overseas under this policy.
- You acknowledge and agree to accept the risks that data and information disclosed under this policy may be subject to further disclosure by the recipient to other parties in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which the recipient is located. Such laws may be wider in scope and implemented under less restrictive terms than in Hong Kong due to difference in applicable laws and regulations.
- You agree to allow MONEX BOOM to disclose your personal data and other information for the purposes and to those persons set out in this policy and to use such data and information under this policy.
- Under and in accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, you have the right to:
- check whether MONEX BOOM holds your personal data and right of access to such data;
- require MONEX BOOM to correct any data relating to you which is inaccurate; and
- ascertain MONEX BOOM's policies and procedures in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by MONEX BOOM.
- You may request access to and correction of your personal data. Any such request can be made in writing to the Privacy Data Officer of MONEX BOOM, at Room 2501, 25/F, AIA Tower, 183 Electric Road, North Point, Hong Kong, or such other address as MONEX BOOM may subsequently notify from time to time. MONEX BOOM may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.
- You consent that MONEX BOOM may, from time to time, send to you by e-mail, telephone call, physical mail or other means of communication any messages relating to products or services which, in the opinion of MONEX BOOM, may be of interest to you.
If subsequent to giving consent, you wish to withdraw your consent, you may notify MONEX BOOM in the following manner:
By post to MONEX BOOM's mailing address in Clause 7;
fax to (852) 2255 8300;
e-mail to email@example.com; or
call (852) 2255 8888.
Thereafter, MONEX BOOM shall cease to use and provide your personal data for direct marketing without any charge.
- MONEX BOOM may collect personal information from visitors to our website. Such information is only collected from individuals who voluntarily provide us with their personal information. We may use this information to advise them of products, services and other marketing materials, which we think, may be of interest to them. We may also invite visitors to this site to participate in market research and surveys and other similar activities. You can choose to receive marketing and other promotional materials by email. If you do not want to receive email or promotional direct mailings, you will always have an opportunity to opt-out.
- Your visit to this website may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the site and general usage patterns.
- The English text shall prevail in the event of any inconsistency between the English and Chinese texts.